शुक्रवार, 24 अगस्त 2012

Gulmarg day trip

Second Day 29th july, Gulmarg day trip
We got ready Early morning for Gulmarg Gandola Ride, We left our hotel @ 7:45 am and reached JKSRTC by auto, For 5 mins drive he was asking for Rs.100, But at that time I don’t see much auto there after few minutes talk he agreed for Rs.90.
We reach Bus Stop at 7:55 (they told us yesterday that we should report there at 8), But after few minutes of checking we came to know that my bus will move around 8:30 , Firstly they were sending Pahalgam & Sonmarg Buses , (there is no bus service for yousmarg)
I just ask one employee about Restaurant nearby for tea ( I was not sure whether bus will stop in between or not) there was a taxi union type stall nearby & other one is in between road of JKSRTC & TRC , That place is also known as TRC Cafeteria & restaurant . There was a Room there but I did not gather much info there because I got less time,
We had Tea & Omelettes there, & got back by 8:30, just enquire about my gulmarg they told me jk123 etc will go, I checked few bus & found the one which will take me to the gulmarg, I was little worried about the bus crowd by I was relaxed by confirming that half of the companion were foreign tourist. I talk to one of them they said to me it is best for us because they cannot cheat us by taking unnecessary rates & it is economical also.
Then one Guy came forward to make seat allotment, (20 Tourist that day) Then I come to know that me & wife seats were not together (so make sure if you book ticket request them to give couple seat)But The guy politly said to me “ Ki hum apko alag karnke ka paap nhi karenge” & he interchanged few seats to make us sit together. And we settle down we are ready for action. We moved around 8:45, & then i realized the guy who is settling the seats was our Driver only ….
At 9:25 he stop the bus before Tantmarg at one of small mall which was providing shopping & restaurant facility. He stops there for breakfast + for Nature call. We just click some picture outside because already had the breakfast, Around 09:55 we started again, On the way I see Tantmarg with various food option + apple gardens, but he did not stop there & we reach Gulmarg around 10:45 am.
Evening time for departure from Gulmarg given for bus was 4:00 pm
Now here I firstly notice the main problem that they force you to use pony Or sumo service, which is easily avoidable 
I have read regarding this that we don’t need pony to go gulmarg station, So I opted for walk it took me 45 mins to reach there ( I also started clicking picture in between which also wasted little time, But while walking I see many cars crossing us, then I enquire how they enter I came to know, all those who have booked resorts near to gondola station can take inside premises, then I asked one BSF guy he told me anybody can bring vehicle by paying few bucks, so if you go by taxi trying to go inside why to waste your time & energy According to your health, But any how scenic beauty is unavoidable , on the right side while walking you can see golf course also (Pony Guy will ask for 100 per pony)
We Reached Gandola Ticket Counter Around 11:30,I saw small queues that day, There is a separate line for online booking, (if you book ticket through online + TRC ticket booking + Airport Booking), Show them your id proof here.
We stand there showed my printed paper & soon I got my boarding pass in my hand ....
We have to stand in another queue to sit in Gandola…After 5 mins we got chance to sit in gondola, 
(Many guides will approach you by saying they will show all points, you dont have to buy tickets for them, But I personally feel you don’t require it local pony walla is enough if you opted one, He is ready to come with me for Rs300)

It is nice cabin with few Air Vents after 10 min we reach at Phase 1, Many people opted for 2nd Phase costed Rs.500 per head. But we remain at 1st phase only, But if you want to see more ice you can go up to 2nd phase.
There is also big restaurant there little bit costly compared to where our bus stops, But atleast you got option if somebody requires it.
We roam there for a while, then 1 ponywala came to us, asking us to take to khilanmarg , He started with 1200 for couple , & after 20 mins he ready for 500 per couple.Then we started our journey towards khilanmarg, the pony guys are trained they click picture from your camera in between, The way to khilanmarg by pony is very very much safe anybody can go. After 25 mins we reach there, There was also small Waterfall there on top, Do Sledging Also Original Rate ask for 1500 per couple & finally settle for 700/-, I really enjoyed sledging there it was real fun in white snow ,Also eaten maggie there for Rs.50 per plate (my advice always go for 1 plate one time you never know they give you one & charge for double) Played in white ice there.
At 2:00 pm we started our journey back through pony, reached 2:30 back to phase 1 station , roamed there and capture the moments in camera & my heart. The climate was very good there, the one you are looking for a hill station
At 2:45 we are back in gondola for return journey,( One thing we want to share when you deboard the gondola in phase 1, one attendant standing there will write return time around 10 mins from the time you landed giving you instruction that you have to comeback within time, But this is there duty don’t worry about it they even keep announcing that if you not return on time your ticket will be cancelled, I asked BSF man about this he said “isky duty hi hain announce karne ki” Ha Ha Ha)
After walking down we reach our bus parking spot & there you will find many dhabas .Half of the bus people were also there so we just sit there at one of the dhabas & eaten there (quality not up the mark & he was doing totally fraud in billing, When asked he cannot justify the bill charged and finally putting responsibility on his “CHOTU“ that he is new so mistake happen, So please check bills everywhere)
While eating I talk to my Bus mates who have come from Kolkata for amaranth yatra & now there in Srinagar for sight-seeing & side trips. I talk to them regarding what are there plans further he told they might go for sonmarg & yousmarg , But bus service is not available for yousmarg he told me.
We got little confidence in each other as we are in sailing in same boat with one thing in my budget, we have seen each other whole day + we are tourist only so we can trust each other that way…….
So finally we decided to go together for yousmarg tomorrow morning, They are staying in SBI homestay which is quite away from dal lake , they said they got a sumo driver next to there place they will bring them & on the way he will pick us….
They are 3 & 2 we got a sumo for 1800 for yousmarg so we divided 1800 divided 5 = 360/- per head
At 4:45 our bus moves from gulmarg thanx to one newly married couple who took so much time…
On the way we asked our driver to stop at Tantmarg for apple garden’s , He will stop if you got majority in bus, we click few pictures there but only green apple found , few of us even bought apple from there (otherwise garden caretaker ask for Rs5/- per person to see & click pictures 
Around 6:45 we reached JKSRTC stop. Then we exchanged number with my new friends, then me & my wife decided to go for Mughal darbar restaurant which is near to TRC, it took another 20 min walking to reach at Mughal darbar , We are first there on there guest list today, I tried Kashmiri food there it was nice & cheaper then Dal Lake, they got adjoining Mughal Bakery also we buy 2-3 items from there also for tomorrow morning tea, then we were fully tired, there was one auto standing outside Mughal darbar we enquire he agreed for Rs60/- for our hotel…
Around 8:30 we were back to our rooms, & without wasting more time we went asleep as were very tired 


Pony From Bus Stop to Gandola Station :100 per pony
Gandola Phase 1 : 300 per head
Gandola Phase 2 : 500 per head
Pony Ride from phase 1 to khilanmarg : 500/- for 2
Sledging in khilanmarg : 700/- for 2
Maggie in Khilanmarg : 50/- per plate
Breakfast in morning : 150
Food Outside Dhaba : 140 includes Tea & parantha with butter + limca for later
Dinner in Mughal darbar :370
Bus Charges: 310/per head
Auto in morning :90 & Eveing 60/-
Water Bottel Before Gandola Station Rs.20/- & after phase 1 is 30/- per bottle

Attached Images
IMG_6439.jpg IMG_6457.jpg IMG_6461.jpg IMG_6451.jpg 




कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें