शुक्रवार, 24 अगस्त 2012

Pahalgam trip

Pahalgam trip
We started our journey at 9:00 am, around 9:25 we reach pampore to see nothing there but only empty kesar fields, we talk to one guy there he told us now there are putting bulb (kesar seed) in august come in october to see in full bloom, so nothing here for us, you can see many shops selling kesar but I said I will buy while coming back. 
Around 9:45 we reach at awantipura ruins, Got 2 tickets for Rs.10 per head there is a guide there who will tell you everything about this + he will click picture from your camera also. He showed us ancient wall with all god statues on it. I had given Rs.100 to the guide from my pocket he didn’t ask…
Opposite of this place is JKTDC cafeteria also, I don’t go there but you can try it
Around 10:25 we got bat factory lots of them on the way both side we did not stop, leave it for while coming back
From Verinag to achabal is different route so you have to pay extra if you want to go there.
At 11:30 we reach verinag (Nag stand for water coming from land), It was lovely blue water there , You got to sea the Trout Fish farm at the end of the garden, you can even buy fish from there to make delicious cuisine from it.
At 1: 20 we reach Kokernag, Thanks to bad road condition, strictly avoidable in rainy season.
Nothing special here as a garden, difference is that there is landscape done all over with wooden bridges to cross over water flowing. We had lunch there in JKTDC & food looks like you prepare in home only.( actually during Ramzan time there is less visitor everywhere so they make very less things in lunch hours) flavour was on lighter side, so doesn’t like much, so just eaten there as a necessity
Then we got plan to go to achabal, on the way I see Red apple tree, and I stopped my car immediately, we were very happy to finally see red apple, we clicked may pictures , owner of that garden invited to the backyard of there house which is having more red apple garden, he also give us few to taste. His two son plucking up red apple & putting in basket, it was nice view, on the way we also see honey trap procedure used in Kashmir.
It was 2:50 in my watch & we reach Achabal (same 10/- per head) nothing special I found here just similar to nishat bagh) Here one man interacted us as head gardener of this park, he guided us all the things, click many pictures with poses as he used to see click by photographer everyday, I gave him Rs.100 at the end he told me that during ramzan there is less visitor in garden otherwise its little crowded 
Now we headed towards pahalgam again then 2:53 we reach Martand Temple, we firstly visit Sikh Gurdwara Mattan sahib there, had a tea langar there, then in the same premises is martand temple famous for Fish feeding, this place is similar as Haridwar, so priest will interact with you here & if you are willing to spend money on your ancestors talk to them and just say “shukriya” we are not interested, Do fish Feeding there with Rs.30 plate
Around 5:15 we reached pahalgam, the road is similar to sonmarg route in that route we have Sindh River on our side & during Pahalgam Lidder River was our companion
Then we headed to hotel High land which is near to nathu rasoi, the hotel suggested to me by one of tourist in gulmarg he said he stayed there for 2 nights at price of 1000 per night, The hotel is very good with all luxury requirement & even the room was upto the mark, Bed was electronic heated, Here we don’t find fans in room. 
Anyway I see many hotels which are inside market which looks like budget accommodation but I went straight towards Hotel high land. The manager ask for 1500 for the room, I was dishearten then that now I have to search the hotels again I told him that I will pay 1000, if he accepts otherwise I would go downside & surely will get room there , after 10 mins he come down to 1200, then I gone back to my car so that I can search for another hotel, but till then one of guy from hotel appears he agreed for 1000/- 
Then we shifted to our new room, I must say room was very good + hotel if I compare it to Srinagar hotel it should not be less then 1800
There was also good view hotel in laripora village as recommended by spgupta , but it is away from market area so I thought staying near to market only.
Around 7:00 we came down to explore pahalgam market, we also see dana pani restaurant on left side. At TRC pahalgam road I enquire about any bus service for sightseeing they said not available, we enquire about the last order he said till 10:00 you can come, There is Gurdwara Pahalgam on same road we visited there also seen lidder river there. There is a taxi stand in between, but I found one thing good there rates are fixed with difference of what type of car you choose, you can just call them tell them which car you want & all the places you want to go… they will send you car at hotel only, so don’t waste your time there asking & trying to bargain…… Just give them a call 15 min before you require the cab
We had dinner at dana pani we asked for special dana pani thalli, & we asked 1 extra roti. Was enough for both of us, we did enquire where to get phirni in Srinagar or pahalgam, he said come to me tomorrow at lunch I will make it for you…
We are back to hotel around 10:00…

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें